Prof. Dr. Luis Maxillofacial Institute
Maxillofacial Surgeon Dubai
Oral and Maxillofacial surgery by Prof. Dr. Gavin Luis Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon Dubai deals with the diagnosis and treatment of a number of functional, and aesthetic conditions, of the bones, skin, and muscles of the face, mouth, and jaws. It can be described as a bridge between medicine and dentistry. Therefore, a range of oral and maxillofacial surgical operations are carried out on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia in the dental chair; however, some may require a short general anesthetic as a day case procedures. More major maxillofacial surgeries are carried out on an inpatient basis under general anesthesia.
Gavin Luis Maxillofacial Institute
Oral & Maxillofacial Treatments
- Surgical dental extractions of wisdom teeth and impacted or diseased teeth
- Corrective jaw surgeries (orthognathic surgery)
- Reconstructive cosmetic maxillofacial surgery
- Treatment of facial trauma and deformities
- Placement of dental implants
- Bone grafting
- Diagnosis and surgical treatment of oral cancers
- Cleft lip and palate surgery
- Surgical and non-surgical treatment of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders
- Surgical dental treatments under general anesthesia
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Maxillofacial surgery is performed to:
- Improve jaw function.
- Relieve pain.
Maxillofacial surgery can address a wide variety of dental problems and conditions, such as:
- Diagnosing reasons for chronic dental pain.
- Preparing the mouth for dental implants and prostheses (such as dentures).
- Placing dental implants.
- Removing (extracting) impacted teeth.
- Treat oral diseases.
Procedures can also treat jaw problems, such as:
- Bone grafting, or transplanting bone from another area of the body to replace bone that’s missing in your jaw.
- Reconstructing your jaw to correct an abnormal bite.
- Treating temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders that affect the area where your lower jaw attaches to your skull.
- Treating injuries related to trauma to your face, jaw and mouth.
An oral and maxillofacial surgeon is a specialist in the treatment of disease problems associated with the jaws, teeth, mouth and face. The type of problems that we see may be as simple as a tooth extraction or as complicated as reconstructive or tumor surgery.
Many patients are seen and treated the same day. This is typical especially for extraction and other simple problems. Complicated problems will require separate consultations.
Begin taking prescribed pain medication as soon as possible after surgery. We recommend that you first eat something to alleviate nausea that pain medication can cause. Continue taking the medication on the prescribed schedule for the first day or two. After that time, take pain medication as needed in accordance with prescribed directions.
You have undergone significant surgery and your body needs time to recover. Plan at least three or four days to rest from normal activity. How quickly you recover depends on how you cooperate with your body’s healing process (resting, drinking liquids, taking your medications, avoiding hard foods and vigorous chewing, rinsing gently, etc.). By following these guidelines, you will minimize complications such as infection and the breakdown of the blood clot (“dry socket”) and return to your routine more quickly.
MAXILLOFACIAL TREATMENT SURGERY
Book An Appointment
Maxillofacial surgery is an operation performed by a highly trained dental surgeon. A variety of maxillofacial procedures can treat diseases, fix injuries or correct defects in your face, jaw or mouth. As with any operation, maxillofacial surgery has certain risks. But the procedures help many reduce pain, fix deformities and restore function.
Prof. Dr. Luis Gavin – The Best Maxillofacial Surgeon Dentist In Dubai
Maxillofacial Surgery is focused on correcting any injuries, defects and diseases that affect the hard and soft tissues of the face and jaw (maxillofacial) region. With this surgery, the surgeon improves the overall aesthetic and functional aspects of the jaw and face.
At Dr. Luis Gavin’s clinic, patients benefit from comprehensive and compassionate support and surgical services. Dr. Gavin is a dental expert with a specialised focus on Maxillofacial Surgery and has long delivered elite level surgical care for his patients. Whether you require the placement of Implants, need Bone Grafts, or are looking for treatment for injuries or diseases affects your jaws, teeth, bones, facial structure and mouth, he is available to help with it all.
Connect With A Trusted Maxillofacial Specialist In Dubai
Dr. Luis Gavin presents a full spectrum of top-notch surgical services that are paired with compassionate support to deliver an outstanding experience devoid of fear and concerns. He is dedicated to delivering the highest caliber of surgical care to patients requiring maxillofacial surgery. Irrespective of the issue, whether his patient has suffered injury to the teeth, bones, mouth or jaws or needs implant placements, as a leading maxillofacial dentist, he is here to serve them all.
From Dr. Luis Gavin, patients can expect nothing but the highest quality of care, surgical expertise and outstanding understanding of function and aesthetics.
Why Choose Dr. Luis Gavin As Your Maxillofacial Surgeon In Dubai?
As a leading maxillofacial surgeon, Prof. Dr. Luis Gavin boasts countless professional and educational achievements and milestones.
- Degree and PhD in Medicine and Surgery (Stomatologist, Oral Surgery and Maxillofacial), Universidad Autonoma de Madrid.
- International MBA, IE Business School.
- Degree in Orthodontics, College of Dentistry, Valencia, Spain.
- Magister for Acupunture, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain.
- Clinical Hypnosis Specialist Degree, UNED, Spain.
- Anti-snoring intraoral system, Ortho-Apnea Academy, Spain.
- Dubai London Clinic, UAE, Specialist Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon.
- Gulf Diagnostic Hospital, UAE, Head of Dental Department.
- University of Sharjah, UAE, Part time Lecture/Clinical Instructor for Oral Surgery/Implants.
- Swedish Capio Hospitals Group, Spain: Dentist, Oral Surgeon, Clinical Maxillofacial and Orthodontist.
- Expert for Medical Liability/Malpractice, UAE and Spain, for Insurances Companies and Regulatory Authorities.
- Hospital Universitario La Zarzuela, Madrid, Spain, Dental, Oral Surgery and Medicine, Orthodontist.
- Air Forces Medical Officer, Spain.
Book A Consultation Today
To book an appointment with Dr. Gavin or if you have any queries: Email: email@example.com .